This page contains information, resources, and tips related to the Spring 2016 offering of ATM OCN 401. It will likely be updated frequently. Feel free to suggest additions.
The course syllabus is here.
1/22 Goals of course, goal of experiment
1/29 Theory of basic met measurement
2/5 Calibration and operation of tripods
2/12 Eddy covariance and other instruments
2/19 Plan experiment design
2/26 Discuss logistics, work on instruments
3/4 FIRST FIELD TRIP: March 4 – March 6
3/11 Plan for analysis, more theory of measurement
3/18 Advanced instrument discussion
3/25 SPRING BREAK
4/1 SECOND FIELD TRIP: April 1 – April 3
4/8 Data analysis, Python tutorial
4/15 Analysis / Writing
4/29 Final presentations
5/6 Final presentations
- AOS equipment roster and checkout page
- Additional UW-Madison instruments (yellow and orange only)
- List of known journal articles related to observations and measurements as part of instructional activity.
- The HYSPLIT model for calculating back trajectories.
- Google map view of field site
- Dolhun Field info (for possible future reference)
Upload/download shared files here (you may need to log in with your NetID):